Focus SB® is a UK manufacturer specialising in the design, development, tooling and manufacture of pressed metal components, standard and bespoke electrical wiring accessories for luxury hotels, high end residential, period properties and yachts. The company’s precision engineering capabilities include:
- Component design and development
- Prototypes and samples
- Flexible production programmes
- CNC milling
- Assembly and finishing
- Press tooling
- CNC wire erosion tooling
- Press work
With origins emanating from Brassware Sales Ltd in 1978, Focus SB was established in 2001 when Sussex Brassware Ltd and Focus Electrical Ltd merged.
In 2004, Focus SB acquired general engineering business, CH Turner & Sons Ltd and brought plate manufacturing in-house. Focus SB exports to China, Taiwan, Macau, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Bahrain, Brunei, Ghana, Jordan, Kuwait, Malta, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
Unique to Focus SB:
- One of few manufacturers able to match its toggle switches to its plate finishes.
- Electrophoretic lacquering of polished brass plates providing durability and a hard wearing finish, ensuring products keep their appearance over time.
- The only UK electrical accessory manufacturer with total control of its manufacturing process in-house.
- First and only UK electrical accessory manufacturer licensed to manufacture and export wiring accessories to China (Oct 2017).
- The only truly flush-mounted electrical plate for the UK market, the Focus SB Smoothie®, designed in collaboration with the architects and designers, SHH.
- Fully certified 2 way and centre-off retractive dolly grid switch suitable for use with mains voltage in the UK.
- Hampton Court Palace
- One Blackfriars
- Royal Lancaster Hotel
- The All England Lawn Tennis Club
- The Gleneagles Hotel
- Walmer Yard
Accreditations and certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 compliant
- Accredited partner of the Society of British and International Interior Designers (SBID)
- Members of the Made in Britain Campaign
- Members of China-Britain Business Council’s Outbound Programme (CBBC)
- CCC (China Compulsory Certificate) approved, CQC (China Quality Certification Centre) compliant
- Focus SB ® registered 6th May 2014
- Focus SB Smoothie® registered 24th June 2014